Im Going Outward Bound Once Again- Well, Sort of

Im Going Outward Bound Once Again- Well, Sort of

Thursday 19 May 2016

CHOCOLATE....Now That I have your attention...



It has been a while since my last blog post, actually about 9 weeks, my how the time flies. It, as always, has been an interesting time, some struggles, some good time, so not so good times, but I am grateful for every day.

As I write this a laugh to myself, because I remember the times that were really bad, and time did anything but fly. Times where I was struggling and it took everything in me to put one foot in front of the other. Times where thinking about making it through “the day” was too overwhelming. I had to break the day down into 15 minute increments, telling myself I could make it through the next 15 minutes, then repeat that thought throughout the time it took to get better. As it got better it was 1 hour increments, then the morning, afternoon, evening night, etc.

Why do I think of this now?

Because, in the last 8 weeks, I have given 5 presentations to youth, talked to a residency Dr. about Dissociative Identity Disorder and been interviewed on a radio show about living with this disorder, and the stigma around mental health. http://bbsradio.com/podcast/quyns-empowerment-hour-april-30-2016   And as I said in the radio interview, I never ever thought I would be where I am now, and doing what I do, and doing it successfully.

Also during this time, I have been working on balance, what fuels me, what depletes me. It has been an interesting journey.  This will be a lifelong journey, and I’m fine with that. Life is not stagnant, it’s an ever flowing journey and we are along for the tide. Sometimes it’s good, sometimes is crappy, and sometimes it’s friggin fantastic.

Each time I give a presentation, one of the 1st things I do is give everyone in the audience 2 pieces of chocolate,everyone always smiles when I give this to them. Later in the talk I tell them…”This morning when you got up, none of you knew you were going to get chocolate when you came to this class/workshop, you had no idea, and by the looks of it, you were all happy about it. Life is like that, we never know what is around the corner for us, so when you get in those tough time, those dark time, remember the chocolate, remember you don’t know what is around the corner for you- hang on for those chocolate moments, because they will come.

I’m glad I hung on to discover what was around my corner.

Those are my thoughts for today, may you be safe in your journey- and discover chocolate.
Suzy


PS-please feel free to share the radio interview- as well as these blogs- we never know who they may help

No comments:

Post a Comment